17 February 2011

Que Pasa Bar and Bistro

I had been hearing about Que Pasa since I returned to Nairobi and since I was in the neighborhood one Sunday for church I took the opportunity to grab a bite to eat there. The place was extremely quiet at the time with few other patrons but the service was attentive and the food came out promptly.

Photo credit: www.kenyabuzz.com
Location: Karen Shopping Center
Price: reasonable
Atmosphere: The ambiance is lovely; I loved the tile floors and stone walls. 

Lunch prices were reasonable for the area; it was ~700-800KSH (~$8.75-10) for a large bowl of pasta, which after a healthy dosing with salt and Parmesan cheese was quite tasty. (Kenyans do not use a lot of salt or spices in their cooking, so I typically find their meals quite bland.) They also had an extensive selection of wood-fired pizzas that sounded quite tasty and I would have gone for had my friends been indulging as well. I will definitely return to try out the rest of their menu and check out the night scene I've heard so much about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment